Monday 20 August 2012

Super Spy Bros - made in 2 days



It's about time I posted a link to a game I made nearly 2 months ago in 2 days (as an excessive in finishing games under extreme time limit).

The game is titled "Super Spy Bros" and it combines "Super Mario Bros" for the NES with "Team Fortress 2". You play a spy, who tries to capture the enemy control point. Press Z to jump, X to stab and ESC to quit. The dagger disguises the user as the enemy upon successful back stab. Watch out for the red sniper - hide behind bushes, wear a disguise and avoid his gaze to pass unnoticed. Also, the enemy engineer has set up some traps - disable them by touching them.

The game is short, not even as big as the first Mario level, but it's not easy either. Can you succeed without losing any spies?

Download:

2 comments:

  1. Fun game. (Did you use allegro?)

    The sniper is powerfull, especially if you don't know the controls by heart.

    I would change the following things:
    Add an area before the current map where you are safe.
    Add text in the map that works as a tutorial. ( "move with arrow keys", "press z to jump", "hide behind bushes", "stab with x")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for the feedback!
      It was assembled in The Games Factory 2 in just 2 days, so I cut a lot of corners.

      Now that I think of it, this could use an area similar to TF2's spawn points, but designed for learning the controls. A wall railroading the player to the right, non-lethal ditch that would require jumping out of or something else. Instead of skipping text, the player learns by oneself and it feels that much more satisfying that way in the end.

      I don't know if I update this though (it was meant to be an exercise in finishing games). I am currently busy with my other game project (coded in XNA), which you can follow on my deviantART page. The early preview is outdated though, as I changed the graphics and gameplay. I have lots of updating to do.

      Anyway, thanks for everything!

      -Michael

      Delete